Installation of CloVR on the desktop enables local execution of pipelines. The CloVR virtual machine (VM) saves all data to the local hard drive,Â eliminating use of the cloud for data storage. Optional access to cloud resources for additional processing power is provided through the local CloVR VM.
To start running CloVR on your local computer:
- Install a virtual machine (VM) player, such as VirtualBox or VMWare.
- VirtualBox is a free VM player for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux.
- VMware Player is free for Linux and Windows and available for purchase for Mac OS X.
- Download the latest CloVR release.
- Install CloVR by following the CloVR VirtualBox or CloVR VMware instructions.
- [Optional] If you want to use the cloud for additional computational support:
- The latest version of CloVR comes ready to run on the academic cloud DIAG, which is free for researchers. To start using DIAG, follow instructions to Add credentials to your CloVR VM.
- To run on Amazon EC2 or other clouds see supported cloud providers.
- Launch CloVR.
- See the screencast for a demo on how to launch the local CloVR VM, add the credentials and run a CloVR analysis protocol.