Installation of CloVR on the desktop enables local execution of pipelines. The CloVR virtual machine (VM) saves all data to the local hard drive, eliminating use of the cloud for data storage. Optional access to cloud resources for additional processing power is provided through the local CloVR VM.
To start running CloVR on your local computer:
- Install a virtual machine (VM) player, such as VirtualBox or VMWare.
- Download the latest CloVR release.
- Install CloVR by following the CloVR VirtualBox or CloVR VMware instructions.
- [Optional] If you want to use the cloud for additional computational support:
- Launch CloVR.
- See the screencast for a demo on how to launch the local CloVR VM, add the credentials and run a CloVR analysis protocol.