You can start using CloVR either through the live demo page or through a local instance of the CloVR VM.
CloVR Live Demo
The Live Demo is a great way to try CloVR without downloading anything. CloVR is running as a live demo at live.clovr.org, powered by the DIAG. There is no privacy here though, all data is accessible to anyone using it. For private access, you will need to to install a CloVR VM on your computer as described in the next section.
Running the CloVR VM
Installing CloVR on the desktop will enable you to execute pipelines locally. The CloVR VM also allows for optional access to cloud resources for additional processing power. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to start running CloVR on your local computer.
- Install a virtual machine (VM) player, such as VirtualBox or VMWare.
- Download the latest CloVR release.
- Install CloVR by following the CloVR VirtualBox or CloVR VMware instructions.
- [Optional] If you want to use the cloud for additional computational support:
- Launch CloVR and run an analysis pipeline.
- Watch the CloVR demo screencast for a demonstration on how to launch the local CloVR VM, add the credentials and run a CloVR analysis protocol.
- Visit the Walkthroughs page for more details on how to run specific analysis pipelines.