You can start using CloVR either through a local instance of the CloVR VM or by running CloVR on Amazon’s EC2 cloud or the DIAG cloud.
Running the CloVR VM
Installing CloVR on the desktop will enable you to execute pipelines locally. The CloVR VM also allows for optional access to cloud resources for additional processing power. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to start running CloVR on your local computer.
- Install a virtual machine (VM) player, such as VirtualBox or VMWare.
- Download the latest CloVR release.
- Install CloVR by following the CloVR VirtualBox or CloVR VMware instructions.
- [Optional] If you want to use the cloud for additional computational support:
- The latest version of CloVR comes ready to run on the academic cloud DIAG, which is free for researchers. To start using DIAG, follow instructions to Add credentials to your CloVR VM.
- CloVR can also be run in “cloud-only” mode on the DIAG using the instructions for Running CloVR in cloud-only mode on the DIAG.
- To run on Amazon EC2 follow instructions on getting started with Amazon EC2.
- Launch CloVR and run an analysis pipeline.
- Watch the CloVR demo screencast for a demonstration on how to launch the local CloVR VM, add the credentials and run a CloVR analysis protocol.
- Visit the Walkthroughs page for more details on how to run specific analysis pipelines.